We understand the importance of education for all ages, not just children. To promote the further education of teachers and other educational professionals to ensure the best possible care of all children, we offer child care training courses and classes.
Florida Child Care Introductory Mandated Training
With the sponsorship of the Department of Children and Families (DCF), Child Care of Southwest Florida offers Florida Child Care Mandated Training for child care personnel and family child care home providers.
- Training Requirements for Child Care Personnel
- Training Requirements for Family Child Care Home Providers
The mandated courses are offered online or by instructors in the classroom. Child Care of Southwest Florida oversees and coordinates the training in the following counties: Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry and Lee. Child care training is currently offered in Fort Myers and Immokalee in English and Spanish.
In addition to mandated training, we host competency exams at some of our center locations. All child care personnel, child center operators, as well as operators of large family child care homes are required to pass the competency exams. Child Care center personnel must pass the exams within 1 year after the date on which they began their initial child care training. Child care facilities will be held responsible for ensuring their staff successfully complete the necessary training and have passed the exams, within the required time frames. Competency exams are currently offered in the following locations:
- Child Care of Southwest Florida: 6831 Palisades Park Ct., Ste 6 Fort Myers, FL 33912
- Collier Child Care Resources: 2050 Commerce Ave, Unit 1 Immokalee, FL 34142
- Hodges University: 2655 Northbrook Dr. Naples, FL 34119
- Early Learning Coalition: 2886 Tamiami Trail Port Charlotte, FL 33952
- William Austen Youth Center: 315 SW 2nd Ave Cape Coral, FL 33931