Early education offers children the chance to socialize with other children, learn more about themselves, learn how to problem solve, build confidence and much more. But this doesn’t happen alone – it happens at the hands of teachers!
Teachers play an important role in building a child’s success in their first few years of schooling. Teachers do more than facilitate arts and crafts projects throughout the day. They provide structure and help children grow in their reading and writing skills, teach science and help children understand themselves.
In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, here are some of our favorite teacher appreciation quotes!
- “A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination and instill a love of learning.” – Brad Henry
- “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.”– Henry Adams
- “It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.” – Albert Einstein
- “The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.” – Mark Van Doren
- “Free the child’s potential, and you will transform him into the world.” – Maria Montessori
- “Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact on the lives of their students.” – Solomon Ortiz
- “It takes a big heart to help shape little minds.” Author Unknown
- “If teaching is to be effective with young children, it must assist them to advance on the way to independence.” – Maria Montessori
- “Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers.” Josef Albers
- “The best teachers are those who show you where to look but don’t tell you what to see.” Alexandra K. Trenfor
And the quotes go on and on! Everyone has had a teacher in their life. This week we say thanks to all those teachers and the value they bring to the lives they touch.