We understand the importance of education for all ages, not just children. To promote the further education of teachers and other educational professionals to ensure the best possible care of all children, we provide the Department of Children and Families (DCF) Introductory Child Care Training classes and competency exams.
Florida Child Care Introductory Mandated Training
With the sponsorship of the Department of Children and Families (DCF), Child Care of Southwest Florida offers Florida Child Care Mandated Training for child care personnel and family child care home providers.
- Training Requirements for Child Care Personnel
- Training Requirements for Family Child Care Home Providers
- Training Requirements for Facilities Serving only School-Age Children
- In-service Training
The courses are offered online or instructor-led. Child Care of Southwest Florida oversees and coordinates the training only in the following counties:
For information of training in other counties in the State of Florida click here.
In addition to mandated training, we administer the competency exams. All child care personnel, child care center operators, as well as operators of family child care homes are required to pass the competency exams. Child Care Center personnel must pass the exams within 1 year after the date on which they began their initial child care training. Child care facilities will be held responsible for ensuring their staff successfully complete the necessary training and have passed the exams, within the required time frames. We coordinate the competency exams in the following locations:
- Child Care of Southwest Florida: 6831 Palisades Park Ct., Ste 6, Fort Myers, FL 33912
- Eagle Lakes Community Park: 11565 Tamiami Trail E., Naples, FL 34113
- Early Learning Coalition of Florida's Heartland: 2886 Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte, FL 33952
- RCMA Rollason Center: 402 W Main Street, Immokalee, FL 34142
- RCMA Krome Child Development Center: 551 W Cowboy Way, LaBelle, FL 33935
For information on how to schedule exams go to: www.myflorida.com/childcare
Special Accommodations Request
If you need to request special accommodations because of a disability in order to participate in the child care training program in the areas that we served, contact CCSWFL at least two weeks prior to the first training date at (239) 278-0160 Monday -Friday between the hours of 8:00 am -4:30 pm.
- Schedule of Classes October to December 2019 in Fort Myers - English
- Schedule of Classes January to March 2020 in Fort Myers - English
- Schedule of Exams October - December 2019
- Schedule of Exams January to March 2020
For more information regarding training requirements, staff credential, director's credential, course enrollment, transcripts, and competency exams in the State of Florida go to the Department of Children and Families website: www.myflorida.com/childcare
Providers Meeting 2019